Get Your Business Emergency Ready!
More than 50% of businesses never re-open once a disaster hits. The thought that goes through a business owner’s mind is “what is the likelihood it would happen to me.” We get busy in our work and personal life and just expect everyone to know what to do in an emergency situation. There are many different things that can be done to ensure you and your business are always prepared.
- Implement an ERP (Emergency Ready Program)
- Show your employees ALL emergency exits
- Fire extinguishers- where are they located?
- First aid- where is it located?
- Water shut-off valve- where is it located?
- Fire alarms- where are they & do they work?
If you do not know where these are in your building, SERVPRO of Russellville, Hamilton, & Fayette can do a free ERP plan that links right to your phone. This will instantly give you access to information you need in the event of a fire or water emergency.
- Designate one or two people to make sure emergency necessities are in date.
Did you know that items such as fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and smoke alarms can expire? Make sure to set a schedule to inventory these important items. A good rule of thumb is to check these items at the first of every month. This will help you get a routine down and not forget to check them regularly. Don’t always rely on the alarms to notify you when the batteries are low!
- Know who to call in an emergency.
- There are times that your employees may be in office and out of office. Make sure they know who to call in the event of a fire or water damage. That is another great asset of SERVPRO’s ERP app. You can list the names and numbers of all important contacts during and after emergencies...even your SERVPRO of Russellville, Hamilton, & Fayette representative!!
Call SERVPRO of Russellville, Hamilton, & Fayette at 205-921-1449 for a commercial ERP appointment for free or talk to your representative the next time they are in your business.