Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Our Technicians Are Trained For Dry Out Processes
The onset of a burst of water where a flood enters your home or business can bring a world of uncertainties and concerns. Not only is it vital to think about the potential harm to the structural integrity of your home or business, but there is also health dangers from contaminants. SERVPRO has the tools, training, and experience to ensure your space is restored to preloss condition so that your family or company can get back to routine quicker.
Why Are Trained Technicians Best for the Job?
Our skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) follow detailed protocols for testing and treating potentially toxic floodwaters. Big or small, we get right to work – you can expect:
• As required, we handle board up, tarping, and pack-out services.
• Fast action that minimizes the impact of the loss and overall costs.
• Proven methods for extraction, water removal, deodorization, and sanitization.
• Industrial-grade tools and equipment made to handle residential and commercial projects.
• Homeowners enjoy our tailored approach to extraction and drying, which includes constant monitoring to ensure no moisture is left behind.
How Does SERVPRO Handle Drying?
In many flood damage situations, our crews will create drying zones to achieve our goals better. Should rooms of your home or business sustain more floodwater than other areas, we may put up polyethylene sheeting to construct sealed drying zones. However, different situations might call for open drying systems to push moisture out of your home when the weather outside is conducive to our goals. The crew chief on the project will make determinations to handle drying and moisture removal as quickly as possible.
Keep Your Four Legged Friends Safe In A Storm
Storms can be very stressful event for your four legged friends. Follow these tips to help alleviate some of the off of your pet.
- Anxiety Levels: Many pets have anxiety with fireworks or storms. If your pet has been prescribed medication for anxiety, talk to your vet about the best course of action leading up to firework events or storm systems coming through your area.
- Finding Shelter: Often times during a storm, it may be the best course of action to take shelter in a small bathroom or basement. Make sure your pet is familiar with this area just in case you need to take shelter there. Practice going to this designated place beforehand.
- Evacuation Plan: Make sure you have an evacuation plan that everyone in your household is aware of. Create an area that you can easily locate your pets leash, carrier, medication and food if you need to evacuate. Be sure to know where your pets most desired hiding place is just in case you cannot find them when you need to evacuate.
- First Aid Kit: Talk to your vet about adding items to your first aid kit that are dedicated for your pet. Keep your first aid kit stocked so it is always plentiful of supplies.
I Found Mold! What Personal Items Do I Need To Discard?
Mold can inflict devastating amounts of damage to your home or business. While all hope might seem lost, there are certain mold cleaning techniques you can use to save your possessions.
Items to Throw Away
It's important to know which items simply cannot be saved when attempting to expedite your mold cleaning efforts:
Porous Objects: Because of their tendency to absorb water quickly, it's unlikely that you'll be able to save objects with porous surfaces. This includes items made of cardboard, padding, stuffed animals, upholstered furniture, carpeting and mattresses.
Paper Products: While it is possible to restore these items, the process is rather costly and should be saved for sentimental items. Place any possessions you wish to preserve in the freezer to prevent mold damage from spreading.
Food Items: Moldy or water damaged food must be thrown away. The same goes for any water damaged food preparation appliances.
Items to Keep
Glass, Metal or Plastic Materials: Clean these items using either antibacterial hand soap or a homemade mixture comprised of 1 gallon of water and 1/2 cup of bleach.
Most Clothing Items: Time is of the essence with clothing, so make sure to wash them using regular laundry detergent as soon as possible. Leather clothing needs to be taken to a cleaning professional.
Electronic Devices: Appliances exposed to mold can vary.. Any water damaged electronics or appliances are potentially dangerous and need to be thrown away. You should consult a professional if you wish to restore these types of items.
Knowing which items to keep and which you need to get rid of can certainly help expedite your mold cleaning efforts. If you have any further questions, or require additional help getting rid of mold, contact mold remediation experts as soon as possible.
SERVPRO Makes Its Own Products...Did You Know!?
Did you know that SERVPRO formulates and manufactures its own proprietary line of cleaning products? SERVPRO Corporate has a team of chemists on hand, that make up the Professional Cleaning Products Team. Listed below are some of the chemical categories:
- Spotting Agents
- Carpet and Upholstery Products
- Wood & Leather Care Products
- Decontamination Products
- Deodorization Products
- Ceiling and Wall Cleaning Products
- Hard Floor Care Products
- Specialty Products
- Coatings & Sealant Products
- Environmentally Friendly Products
We feel this is just one aspect of our company that sets us apart from our competition. SERVPRO knows what works and is always looking to better our products and come up with new ideas. Did we mention that they smell great too! Our products are for the exclusive use of SERVPRO franchises and are not for resale, but if we are working for you, we are using these wonderful products.
Call us today! We are here to help you.
Get The Most Out Of Your Roof
Tips on maintaining your roof:
- Make sure that any trellises, gutters and other additions to your roof are not rotting and are suitably attached.
- Get an annual inspection from a licensed, experienced roofer. If you get overwhelmed by google, call our office today for a few local companies that we like to work with.
- Confirm with said roofer that all seams, especially those around chimneys and where a flat roof meets the pitched roof or a wall, are sealed properly to help prevent water intrusion.
- Ensure that any roof cleaning is performed by a professional with extensive experience and proper equipment and products.
- Get a stamp of approval that there is sufficient airflow in and out of the attic, proper ventilation is key to prevent moisture getting trapped in your attic space.
- And don’t forget that you shouldn’t wait around to repair or replace the roof when needed, it is one part of your home that is worth staying on top of.
In the end, a smaller investment is worth it to make sure that you are guaranteeing a well maintained roof. The little bits of extra work can go a long way toward helping prevent a loss down the road. If you suspect that you may have a moisture issue or water intrusion into your building from your roof, give our SERVPRO of Russellville, Hamilton and Fayette team a call to help get your loss back to normal “Like it never even happened.”
The Claims Process Doesn't Have to Be Hard
If you have suffered a disaster at your home or business the last thing you want is to worry about is how to handle the process of moving forward. For this reason, our team ensures they make the claim process as stress free as possible. SERVPRO of Russellville, Hamilton, and Fayette will help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Our goal is to make the insurance process as smooth as possible. Therefore, we will:
- Create thorough visual and written documentation of the damage to your home or business
- Document the condition of each item we remove for cleaning or storage
- Work directly with your insurer, communicating with you at all times
- Handle the paperwork to make sure the processing and payment of your claim is as fast as it can be
We are so proud that so many insurance companies recommend SERVPRO to their clients. They are fully aware of the benefits that come along with our partnership. We do everything we can to make the entire process as easy as possible.
Our trained professionals are here for you if you experience a disaster. Our technicians have specialized training and years of experience in water, fire, mold and bio-hazard clean up and restoration services.
Our Duct Cleaning Process
Did you know that a duct cleaning can improve the quality of air? It’s important to have a clean duct and HVAC system at your home and business. The professionals at SERVPRO of Cullman/Blount Counties can clean your system for you. The SERVPRO duct cleaning system is proven and cost-efficient.
What’s hiding in your ducts? Over time, different contaminants or foreign objects can enter and collect in your air ducts that may diminish the indoor air quality of your home or office, or it can cause other damages to your HVAC system. Below is a list of what could potentially be there:
These are just a few of the reasons why it’s important to have a professional clean your ducts. Depending on where you live and other variables, it’s recommended to get your ducts cleaned every three to five years. If you have never had your system cleaned, now is a great time to have it done.
SERVPRO’s Duct Cleaning System:
- The process begins by using patented equipment, including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct’s shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- An optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
You Can Rely On Us!
A water damage can happen within a property in many ways. Homeowners need to know what to do at the earliest signs of this issue.
The need for water restoration in homes does not always announce itself. A sudden busted pipe or backed up toilet may create the need for urgency; there are also types of damage that go on for a time before getting noticed through some of the following symptoms:
- Sounds of dripping water
- Damp odors
- Water stains
Another common sign that an ongoing water issue is occurring within the structure is coldness. Homeowners may report that a room is difficult to heat, and the inability may be due to dampness in the walls. SERVPRO technicians have special moisture detection equipment and infrared cameras that can look behind building materials or under flooring to identify areas of wicking or seepage.
Preventing Water Leaks in Your Home or Business
Water leaks within a home or business can seep into carpet, flooring, baseboards, and walls while moving throughout the building. Our professionals understand how disruptive and damaging water can be for a family or business. Water leaks in a business can not only disrupt the facility but also can interrupt day to day business functions, which could lead to closing the business and affect revenues.
Timely mitigation is key to the restoration process. Quick response time helps ensure that damage is contained and the restoration process begins promptly. This saves on the amount of damage, cost of claims, and assists in reducing losses from business interruption due to a loss. Our professionals will be able to identify water regardless of where it hides. We offer 24-hour emergency response from our trained professionals to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Leak Prevention Tips:
- Check the roof for any kind of aging or damage.
- Check gutters and downspouts.
- Check basements and crawl spaces for moisture.
- Check appliances in kitchens, break rooms and cafeterias.
- Check sinks and toilets in bathrooms.
- Check HVAC for leaks and blockages.
Call us today! We are always here to help.
We Can Help Your Business During a Disaster!
Here at SERVPRO of Russellville, Hamilton and Fayette, we have the capability to handle any size job. We have the equipment and vehicles ready for whatever is called for to assist you on your journey to get your business back up and running. Studies say that 50% of businesses that close due to a disaster are never able to reopen. The businesses that are able to reopen normally have a emergency plan set up to ensure a quick and efficient transition back to normalcy. We offer a cost-free option for those looking to record emergency information in one accessible application that's accessible on mobile devices. So when the unexpected happens, whoever is onsite can access the proper contacts to get the situation handled. When is comes to the unexpected disaster, it is essential to be timely to limit further damage. Call our office today to set up an appointment with one of our marketing representative to set up your Emergency Ready Profile today. We are here to help YOU!
Deep Cleaning Services in Russellville, Hamilton and Fayette
Did you know that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), recommend the cleaning of high-touch surfaces with a labeled hospital grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus? Some examples of high-touch surfaces include doors and doorknobs, light switches, phones, tables, tablets, and bathroom fixtures. SERVPRO of Russellville, Hamilton and Fayette wants commercial businesses and homeowners to know that we have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants and can perform deep cleaning services that go well beyond the scope of routine janitorial cleaning services.
Our team of professionals are trained to perform biohazard cleanup and restoration services including facility and structure cleaning and disinfection of porous and non-porous surfaces. We will respond to your call within one hour and we will be on site within four hours.
This pandemic is a very unique situation to all of us, and we are all in this together. When you require general cleaning services outside the scope of a routine janitorial service, call us.